Conditions /Treatment which HIPEC is used for :
HIPEC offers hope for patients of advanced stage Colorectal Cancer/Ovarian Cancer. HIPEC treats tumours in the abdominal (peritoneal) lining that stem from colon, gastric, ovarian, appendix tumours, mesothelioma and other cancers.
Overview of Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal cancer is cancer of the lining of the colon and/or the rectum.
- Men with average risk should begin prevention examination at the age at 50.
- Best way to prevent colon cancers is to eat balanced diet.
- Key-hole surgery in colorectal cancer is well established procedure.
- HIPEC is a new treatment in case of recurrent.
Overview of Ovarian Cancer
- Advanced ovarian cancer means the cancer has spread from where it started in the ovary to other parts of the body.
- Standard treatment is surgery (staging and optimal debulking) followed by adjuvant chemotherapy in most cases.
- The most common side effects of chemotherapy include nausea and vomitting , however, medications known as antiemetics are available to help control these side effects.
- Some people benefit from keeping to a regular work schedule during treatment with flexibility if they don't feel well.
- HIPEC (Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) is a new treatment option for surface epithelial ovarian cancer along with surgery. This gives increased disease free survival. It is available with Max and we are leaders in HIPEC treatment.
Some types of cancers are very difficult to treat, particularly the ones located in the abdominal cavity. HIPEC experts say the heat makes the chemotherapy more powerful at killing these cancer cells and hence there is a specially devised HIPEC machine which delivers HIPEC at constant temperature.
Benefits of HIPEC:
- HIPEC experts say that the heat makes the chemotherapy more powerful at killing these cancer cells and hence there is a specially devised HIPEC machine which delivers HIPEC at constant temperature.